Nursery @ Bidston Avenue Primary School
We are delighted to have opened our own nursery class from 1st September 2021. This class replaces the BiddyAve Buddies Pre-School, which has been on our site since 2002.
Our nursery is available in term time only and follows the main school year.
What are our session options?
We have places for families who wish their child to attend for am (8:45am-11:45am) or pm (12:15pm to 3:15pm) sessions (15 hours total per week) and to families who wish 30 hour places (full week - 8:45am to 3:15pm).
30 Hour Places
Those taking 30 hour places must be entitled to the extended entitlement and gain a Government code each term (this must be shared with us to receive the funding). **Please note: Families taking a 30 hour place and not entitled to funding will need to pay for 15 hours per week on top of the universal 15 hours.
Our nursery is led by a specialist nursery teacher and ably supported by an Early Years Practitioner, plus there are two other early years teaching assistants who are part time. Your child will have a named link worker who can support you and your family.
Ideally, we look to fill places at the start of the school academic year, but places become available from time to time for family reasons.
If you wish to be considered for a place then please complete an application form and we will contact you if a place becomes available or to inform you of a definite place for the next academic year.
For more information:
Contact the school office on 0151 652 1594.
Admissions Policy for Wirral Community & Maintained Nurseries
Applications must be made directly to the school.
If there are not enough places for all children who have applied, the school will give priority to children who will become 4 during the academic year.
Within this category, they will give priority in the following order:
• Children with a particular medical reason for going to the school
• Children who live in the catchment area of another school which does not have a nursery class
• Children who live in the catchment area of the school or another school which does have a nursery class.
If there are places left after all the four year olds have been offered a place, the school will then offer places to children who become 3 during the academic year in the following priority order:
• Children with special educational needs identified through a statutory assessment
• Children whose parents receive Income Support, Income based Job Seekers Allowance, Disability Living Allowance or Working Tax Credit
• Children whose birthday falls between 1 September and 31 December
• Children whose birthday falls between 1 January and 31 March
• Children whose birthday falls between 1 April and 31 August.
Within any category, the school will give priority to children who live nearest to the school measured by the shortest available walking route.
**Please Note that attendance at a particular nursery or pre-school does not guarantee that a place will be allocated at a particular school for the reception year - all parents MUST reapply to Wirral Council Admissions for a Reception (F2) place.