As you will know, the Prime Minister has indicated that there will NOT be a nationwide closure of schools AT THIS TIME.
This announcement has not stopped us from preparing for such a closure in the future. We have begun preparing work/activities for children to complete at home (paper-based and online), so we can reduce any possible learning loss, if it is forced upon us.
However, some very clear advice has been issued:
IF YOUR CHILD SHOWS SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 (A PROLONGED COUGH OR HIGH TEMPERATURE), THEN THEY ARE TO STAY AT HOME FOR SEVEN DAYS.
What else are we doing in school?
- We will send any child ‘showing a temperature or coughing’ home for seven days, as per Government guidance. We will use screening measures if we are concerned about high temperatures (thermometers).
- School standards of cleaning are good, but we have upped the frequency of cleaning of handles, push plates and other touched hard surfaces.
- Whole school assemblies will stop until further notice to reduce large indoor gatherings of children.
- We have reduced/stopped children sitting on floor surfaces.
- We have increased the frequency of hand-washing (coming into school, after PE, after Computing, after touching iPads and laptops, before and after lunch and playtimes, to name a few).
- We will not arrange any additional events where large numbers of children are gathered in indoor spaces.
- We are looking into changing where children exit our building (social distancing). This will increase the space for parents/carers when collecting children, so they are not in close contact (or can avoid close contact) with other adults.
Your child’s health and the health of school workers and the wider community is always of paramount importance to us. We endeavour to do whatever is necessary to keep us all safe.