We were assessed in July for the Level One RRSA award. The children amazed the inspector with their knowledge of the UN Rights of a Child and our school values!
The RRSA Team should be congratulated for their hard work over the last 18 months. Level 1 is the second level after the Recognition of Commitment level, which we received at the beginning of the year.
Achieving Level 1 means there is evidence that:
- our school is explicitly embedding the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child in its policy, practice and culture
- we are putting into action and developing the plans outlined on your Level 1 Audit and Action Plan which we submitted to get your ROC.
- we are beginning to see the positive impact of these actions on children and staff, and also on the school’s ethos, practice and environment
- we are promoting knowledge and understanding of the Convention throughout our school community
- children and young people are beginning to see themselves as rights-respecting global citizens and advocates for fairness and children’s rights locally and globally.